Jazz90.1 is pleased to again present four jazz cruises aboard the Colonial Belle in 2018 with some exciting changes! Cruises this year will take place on Monday June 11 featuring The Smugtown Stompers, July 9 featuring The Jimmie Highsmith Jr. Band, and the Jazz90.1 blues cruise returns on Monday September 10 featuring Hanna and The Bluehearts. These three cruises will sail from 6:30-8:30 p.m. from Fairport to Schoen Place in Pittsford and back. Also, we will present a new three hour Erie Canal lock cruise on Monday August 13 featuring The Bill Tiberio Trio. This cruise will take passengers through a historic lock on the Erie Canal, and sail from 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. All cruises will feature a light dinner and cash bar. Tickets are $35.00 per person for the two hour cruises and $45.00 per person for the August canal lock cruise. Tickets go on sale April 2. Food on board provided by Forrest Hill Catering and Gaetano’s Bakery and Deli. Proceeds from the jazz cruises benefit Jazz90.1. We look forward to welcoming you aboard.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the cruise include dinner? The Jazz90.1 Jazz Cruises include a chef’s choice light meal served on board, which consists of either baked ziti, pulled pork, grilled chicken, OR Italian sausage served with sides (one main item, plus sides will be served on each cruise.) Please note, the menu is not decided until the week of the cruise by the chef, and we are unable to let guests know of the menu in advance. If this type of food won’t suffice for guests, we encourage you to get dinner before boarding the cruises.
- Is there a discount if I buy tickets for a group? Sorry, no. These cruises are fundraisers for Jazz90.1, so we rely on ticket sales to support the station. We’d love to welcome your group aboard!
- What if it rains? Do you offer refunds? Sorry, no. All ticket sales are final, and cruises sail rain or shine. In the event of severe weather (i.e. thunderstorms, heavy wind, tornado etc.) and the Captain cancels the sailing, Jazz90.1 will work to schedule a rain date.
- I have special dietary needs! While we can appreciate special dietary needs of some guests, it is not possible for us to cater special meals for those with dietary restrictions. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Who is catering the cruises? Forest Hill Catering. Have you had their food? It’s delish!
- Does the scheduled construction on the Fairport lift bridge affect Jazz90.1’s cruises? The constructions of the main lift bridge in Fairport is scheduled for summer of 2019, NOT 2018. When the construction does take place, cruises on The Erie Canal will not be interrupted as the bridge will be left in the “up” position.
- Can I reserve seats? Sorry, reserving seats on board is not permitted. Seating is on a first come, first serve basis. Also, not all seating is covered. Come prepared for all weather conditions.
- Can I bring food on board? Sorry – The Colonial Belle does not permit any outside food or drink on board. If you wish to bring a small cake for a celebration, this can be arranged with The Colonial Belle ahead of time, providing the food comes from a licensed bakery.
- What about Sparky. He loves cruises! Sorry, no pets are permitted aboard The Colonial Belle. Properly registered service animals, however, are welcome aboard.
- I have mobility issues. Can I board early? Boarding for all guests begins at 6:15 p.m. If you are confined to a wheelchair, scooter or use a walker or cane, we will board you before the general public to allow you some extra time. No worries!