(**The July and August Jazz Cruises are Sold Out**) Tickets are on sale now for the Jazz90.1 blues cruise on Monday September 10 featuring Hanna and The Bluehearts. The cruise will sail from 6:30-8:30 p.m. from Fairport to Schoen Place in Pittsford and back, and will feature a light dinner and cash bar. Tickets are $35.00 per person. Food on board provided by Forrest Hill Catering and Gaetano’s Bakery and Deli. Proceeds from the jazz cruises benefit Jazz90.1. Click on the link above to purchase your tickets, or call 585-966-5299.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the cruise include dinner? The Jazz90.1 Jazz Cruises include a chef’s choice light meal served on board, which consists of either baked ziti, pulled pork, grilled chicken, OR Italian sausage served with sides (one main item, plus sides will be served on each cruise.) Please note, the menu is not decided until the week of the cruise by the chef, and we are unable to let guests know of the menu in advance. If this type of food won’t suffice for you, we encourage guests to eat dinner before boarding the cruises.
- Is there a discount if I buy tickets for a group? Sorry, no. These cruises are fundraisers for Jazz90.1, so we rely on ticket sales to support the station. We’d love to welcome your group aboard!
- What if it rains? Do you offer refunds? Sorry, no. All ticket sales are final, and cruises sail rain or shine. In the event of severe weather (i.e. thunderstorms, heavy wind, tornado etc.) and the Captain cancels the sailing, Jazz90.1 will work to schedule a rain date.
- I have special dietary needs! While we can appreciate special dietary needs of some guests, it is not possible for us to cater special meals for those with dietary restrictions. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Who is catering the cruises? Forest Hill Catering. Have you had their food? It’s delish!
- How much food will each person get? Should I eat ahead of time? Well, we can tell you that most people find the amount of food that we serve more than filling. Meals will include a “main” and “two sides,” plus some treats from Gaetano’s Bakery.
- Does the scheduled construction on the Fairport lift bridge affect Jazz90.1’s cruises? The constructions of the main lift bridge in Fairport is scheduled for summer of 2019, NOT 2018. When the construction does take place next year, cruises on The Erie Canal will not be interrupted as the bridge will be left in the “up” position.
- Can I reserve seats? Sorry, reserving seats on board is not permitted. Seating is on a first come, first serve basis. Also, not all seating is covered. Come prepared for all weather conditions. Please note, there are enough seats for everyone.
- Can I bring food on board? Sorry – The Colonial Belle does not permit any outside food or drink on board. If you wish to bring a small cake for a celebration, this can be arranged with The Colonial Belle ahead of time, providing the food comes from a licensed bakery.
- What about Sparky. He loves cruises! Sorry, no pets are permitted aboard The Colonial Belle. Properly registered service animals, however, are welcome.
- I have mobility issues. Can I board early? Boarding for all guests begins at 6:15 p.m. If you are confined to a wheelchair, scooter or use a walker or cane, we will board you before the general public to allow you some extra time. No worries!
- Will tickets be available at the boat before each cruise? We rarely have any tickets available the day of the cruise, so if you want a guaranteed spot on board, get yours before they sell out.
- Can I buy tickets from The Colonial Belle? No, sorry. Tickets are only available through Jazz90.1.
- Are tickets transferable? Absolutely. Just let us know ahead of time if you’re giving your tickets to someone else, so we can adjust our passenger roster. This will avoid them having to swab the decks.
- Where is the music on board? Weather permitting, the band will set up on the upper deck of the boat. Don’t worry – if you’re seated on the lower deck, you will still be able to enjoy the music.
- Where do I park? There is plenty of free parking at 400 Packett’s Landing near the boat, including ample handicapped parking. Please note, there is also handicapped access to the boat via a ramp.
If you have any other questions, feel free to call us at 585-966-2660 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.