- This event has passed.
Rochester Music Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
April 22 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm EDT$25 – $70
The Rochester Music Hall of Fame announced its Class of 2018 inductees, who are among the country’s most celebrated musicians and composers. The seventh annual induction ceremony of the Rochester Music Hall of Fame will take place at 7 p.m. Sunday, April 22 at Kodak Hall at Eastman Theater. Tickets for April 22 ceremony and performance are priced at $25 to $70 and are on sale now at the Eastman Theater box office, online by clicking here, or by calling (585) 454-2100. John Beck will perform solo as well as with a percussion ensemble and the Hall of Fame house band Prime Time Funk. Grammy-winner Robert Randolph will join the Campbell Brothers onstage, reeling-in the audience with sacred steel jams. Levin and Gadd will perform together, as they have countless times in the past, alongside members of their band L’Image, including Mike Mainieri, David Spinozza, and Warren Bernhardt. Additional guest stars will be announced, appearing in person or via satellite or video tribute. More information is online at rochestermusic.org.
- John Beck, percussionist and composer and Eastman School of Music faculty member for 60 years, where he is Professor Emeritus of Percussion
- Campbell Brothers, masters of sacred steel music
- Steve Gadd, one of the most accomplished and skilled drummers of his generation, performing in studio and on tour with various artists, including Paul Simon, James Taylor, and Eric Clapton
- Tony Levin, veteran bassist who is currently a member of the Peter Gabriel band as well as King Crimson and Stick Men
- Ferdinand Jay Smith, Emmy-nominated composer and former DJ and manager